Saturday, July 14, 2012

Flexible Work Hours

I was elated to read in the papers that experts say flexible work hours is the only way to ease traffic woes. I had formed the same conclusion a few months ago and mentioned it at a family dinner. I am blessed to be able to drive on most days. However, the traffic flow on most days is deplorable. On days when I have to utilise public transport, I am amazed that the situation is no better.  I spend at least two hours a day on the road, whether public or private transport is used.

In addition, I feel that flexible work hours would solve many societal problems. Working parents are not spending enough time with their children. When I arrive home from work at 6+ p.m., I am tired out. I try to spend time with my son, but what can be done in the short period of time before dinner is served?

Flexible work hours may also increase birth rates! I know of many couples who have been trying to conceive for a considerable period of time without success. Could it be that long fixed hours have exhausted our bodies?

I wish I could return home to my son much earlier every day. Maybe he would then be able to go to sleep at more earthly hours (He now sleeps at 11.30p.m.) and my body also can have a chance to recuperate.

No comments:

Post a Comment